posted: July 1, 2016
Are you passionate about online marketing and helping others succeed? Love writing and creating content? Excited about sharing an amazing product with the world? If yes, read on!
Thinkific is a Vancouver-based tech company with a team of 16, and growing fast. We’re making it easy to teach and build businesses online.
Our all-in-one platform helps our customers create, market, and sell their own online courses. We currently power thousands of online courses for clients ranging from Hootsuite and other large companies, to thousands of independent experts, authors, speakers, coaches, and entrepreneurs around the globe.
A big part of our success is the experience our product offers – and that’s where you come in.
We’re hiring an experienced content marketer to join our marketing & growth team.
We are seeking someone passionate about business growth and online education to create and deliver engaging content in conjunction with our marketing and success teams.
A typical weekly to-do list might include tasks like:
- Meet with the growth and marketing teams Monday morning to plan out weekly growth experiments, upcoming feature releases, and campaigns that need the perfect content piece to complete them
- Write a blog post geared to our existing audience, teaching them new ways to market their online courses (and getting them excited about the process!)
- Research and write a mini-course all about a new growth tactic perfect for building online businesses
- Spend a morning helping out customers (like every member of our team does!) to stay close to customers and learn all of the intricacies of our system
- Coordinate with influencers (journalists, celebrities, authors, speakers, and other VIPs) to plan and write ebooks and case studies with their input
- Create resources to go along with content you write – cheat sheets, bonus material, mini courses, and similar extras
As a part of our customer success and marketing teams, this content creator role is an important part of our growth strategy.
Ultimately, your goal will be to help the team meet our growth targets each month – by acquiring new customers, and helping existing customers become more successful through the content you create.
Here are a few hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you probably meet a few of these!):
- You’ve already created your own online course (bonus points if you’ve used Thinkific!) Relating to and understanding our clientele is key. If you’ve created your own online course, you already know exactly what our customers are doing.
- You’ve got at least 3-5 years experience as a content creator or marketer, and you’ve got the examples of past work to show for it.
- You’ve got sales experience. Every time we get the attention of a customer or prospective customer, it is an opportunity to get them even more excited about our product, and how they can make the most of it.
- You have mad writing skills. You can turn complicated ideas into easy to follow bullet points, make the most boring of concepts exciting, and can dive in and do the research needed to back up your words (all while writing content that keeps our customers coming back to read more.)
- You are passionate about digital marketing and business growth (and may even be an online entrepreneur yourself). This is an opportunity to help thousands of entrepreneurs all over the planet build online businesses, earn passive revenue, and live their dreams. It doesn’t get more rewarding than this!
- You are eager and a go-getter, and work well with some ambiguity. This isn’t a position for someone who needs a lot of direction, or ever says “that’s not my job”. You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and dive in, working with your peers to coordinate and keep on top of our content roadmap.
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, high performing team focused on building best-in-class software in order to grow our company
- We have plenty of office snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer to keep you fueled
- We offer a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, and an open vacation policy
- Celebrate & get to know your peers with monthly and quarterly team events
- We have an amazing existing team of really talented engineers, marketers, and customer success people that want to work with you
Are you the perfect fit? Impress us, then grow with us!
Here’s what we need from you:
- Links to 3 different pieces of content you’ve created that you’re proud of (if you partnered with a designer or anyone else, let us know the breakdown of who did what!)
- Bonus points: put together a (very short) blog post based on the content you can see on our blog today. What’s missing from our existing content? What do our customers most need to know?
Ready to apply?Apply attn: Miranda here Content Marketer Application Form