Front End Software Developer
posted: July 1, 2016
Are you an experienced front-end software developer? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing tech company excite you? If yes, read on!
Thinkific is a Vancouver-based tech company with a team of 16, and growing fast. We’re making it easy to teach and build businesses online.
Our all-in-one platform helps our customers create, market, and sell their own online courses. We currently power thousands of online courses for clients ranging from Hootsuite and other large companies, to thousands of independent experts, authors, speakers, coaches, and entrepreneurs around the globe.
A big part of our success is the experience our product offers – and that’s where you come in.
We’re hiring a motivated and exceptionally skilled intermediate to senior front-end developer to join our engineering team.
A typical week might look like this:
- Spec and plan out new features for the product, with an eye to creating highly functional UI/UX.
- Write code – naturally!
- Triage and fix bugs.
- Code review the code of your fellow engineers.
- Work closely with our graphics team to make features not only beautiful, but functional and highly user-friendly.
- Do what needs to be done. You’ll spend your days working across our properties – our own app absolutely, but you’ll also lend design & front-end skills to customers using our platform, building new themes for our theme marketplace, and working on marketing & internal sites as needed.
- Speak directly with customers. Every member of our team spends a few hours each month answering support questions, having 1v1 calls with customers, and responding to customer feedback. It’s how we keep in touch with our end users!
Ultimately, you will architect, plan and develop beautiful, functional web experiences for customers and internal users alike. Your goal will be to help make our platform the best it can be by adding new functionality, and improving on what we’ve already built.
A little more about you:
- Experience with Ember.js and/or Riot.js
- Experience with Liquid or similar templating engine (although not necessary, would be a bonus)
- Strong UX and design sensibilities
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Expertise in building and QA’ing complex, responsive layouts
- Practiced time estimation and management skills
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Ability to rapidly iterate and meet deadlines
- No excuses attitude to getting things done
- You believe that better solutions are achieved via collaboration, rather than independently
- You spend a lot of your free time working on your own software projects & learning about new technologies
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, high performing team focused on building best-in-class software in order to grow our company
- We have plenty of office snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer to keep you fueled
- We offer a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, and an open vacation policy
- Celebrate & get to know your peers with monthly and quarterly team events
- We have an amazing existing team of really talented engineers, marketers, and customer success people that want to work with you
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Show off your work! Are you an avid open-source contributor? Have you built up an impressive web portfolio? Do hundreds or thousands of users use what you’ve built? Show us what you’ve got, along with your resume & cover letter.
Ready to apply? Apply attn: Miranda here Front End Developer Application Form