Product QA Tester
posted: July 28, 2016
We’re hiring a motivated and detail oriented Product QA Tester to join our product team.
We’re looking for someone passionate online education and deploying great products, who understands the big picture, but really cares about the details, to help make sure our application works like a dream.
A typical weekly to-do list might include tasks like:
- Test core and brand new functionality of our platform to make sure everything is working as expected
- Verify new features fully meet the defined specs before launch
- Define, implement and document test plans
- Work with our awesome engineering team to fix bugs and launch new features
- Work with our dedicated support team to verify and help resolve customer issues
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the quality of the product we deploy, with far reaching effects on the business, from engineering to marketing and everywhere in between. You’ll be the final gatekeeper between our code and the outside world.
Here are a few hints that you might be the person we’re looking for:
- You consider yourself very tech savvy. You know how to code to automate your tests, and you’re just as comfortable diving into Excel as you are using Trello and Jira
- You’ve done this before. You’ve got software testing experience (bonus points if it was with a web-based product!), with some experience in a similar role under your belt.
- Organized with attention to detail doesn’t even begin to describe you. You’ll have a lot of responsibility and also autonomy – no one will be looking over your shoulder to be sure you’ve got it right! A keen eye for detail is key in everything you do – quality over quantity is the name of the game.
- You don’t just wield a pen – you write with it, too. You’ve got exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and can just as easily make detailed bug reports as participate in engineering related discussions
- You are eager and a go-getter, and work well with some ambiguity. This isn’t a position for someone who needs a lot of direction, or ever says “that’s not my job”. You’re excited to roll up your sleeves and dive in!
Are you the perfect fit? We move fast!
We are looking to bring someone on as soon as possible.