posted: July 28, 2016
Are you an experienced Product Designer? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing tech company excite you? If yes, read on!
Thinkific is a Vancouver-based tech company with a team of 22, and growing fast. We’re making it easy to teach and build businesses online.
Our all-in-one platform helps our customers create, market, and sell their own online courses. We currently power thousands of online courses for clients ranging from Hootsuite and other large companies, to thousands of independent experts, authors, speakers, coaches, and entrepreneurs around the globe.
A big part of our success is the experience our product offers – and that’s where you come in.
We’re hiring a motivated and exceptionally skilled intermediate to senior Product Designer to join our engineering team.
Join us and use your extensive knowledge of UI, UX, HTML, and CSS to build responsive, clean, easy to use web UI across Thinkific’s app and properties. As a member of our engineering team, you will play a key role in the growth of our company over the coming months.
A typical week might look like this:
- Design and specify user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including rapid prototyping and usability testing
- Make people fall in love with Thinkific
- Spec and plan out new features for the product, with an eye to creating highly functional UI/UX
- Conceptualize and implement design solutions from concept to completion
- Create prototypes and write code
- Use your own design skills and aptitude to create great
- Work closely with our graphics team to make features not only beautiful, but functional and highly user-friendly.
- Speak directly with customers. Every member of our team spends a few hours each month answering support questions, having 1v1 calls with customers, and responding to customer feedback. It’s how we keep in touch with our end users!
Ultimately, you will architect, plan and develop beautiful, functional web experiences for customers and internal users alike. Your goal will be to help make our platform the best it can be by adding new functionality, and improving on what we’ve already built.
A little more about you:
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools
- Experience with Liquid or similar templating engine (although not necessary, would be a bonus)
- Strong UX and design sensibilities
- You have a very strong understanding of mobile and responsive web design, with the knowledge to hand-code your designs in HTML and CSS
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Expertise in building and QA’ing complex, responsive layouts
- Practiced time estimation and management skills
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Ability to rapidly iterate and meet deadlines
- No excuses attitude to getting things done
- You believe that better solutions are achieved via collaboration, rather than independently
- You spend a lot of your free time working on your own software projects & learning about new technologies
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, high performing team focused on building best-in-class software in order to grow our company
- We have plenty of office snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer to keep you fueled
- We offer a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, and an open vacation policy
- Celebrate & get to know your peers with monthly and quarterly team events
- We have an amazing existing team of really talented engineers, marketers, and customer success people that want to work with you
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
Show off your work! Are you an avid open-source contributor? Have you built up an impressive web portfolio? Do hundreds or thousands of users use what you’ve built? Show us what you’ve got, along with your resume & cover letter.
Ready to apply? Apply attn: Miranda here